We have almost made it to 2019! 2018 has been an incredible for year – I can truly say it has been my happiest and healthiest year yet, and that is something I want to carry in to 2019.
Last year around this time, I wrote about how I wanted 2018 to be my year of intentional actions – being intentional with this blog, with my friendships, with my job, my travel schedule, etc etc. Practicing this throughout 2018 has been a game changer and has evolved in to so much more.
I also had a private list of resolutions that I kept in my desk drawer – this included either committing to my old job and going to our LA office monthly.. or quitting. I’m so glad I was able to find my new job and commit myself to this new direction.
What I’m most proud of is that I finally took deliberate steps to be healthy – to exercise, to meal prep, to get braces for my future dental health, and to sleep enough every single night.
So with that said, here are some of my goals for 2019 — bookish and other.
- Drink more tea. This would be up from 0 cups of tea I currently drink. Tea is so healthy for you and more interesting than water, so I’m looking forward to drinking more tea in the new year.
- Continue meal prepping every single week. Meal prep has been such a game changer for me in the past six months. I love it! I want to continue through next year.
- Run a distance race. I’m not sure what distance, but between 10 and 13.1 miles. I used to love running, and while Orangetheory has been great for me, I’m looking forward to running outside and training for a race once the mornings get a little lighter.
- Read 2 books from my Unread Shelf every month. Going in to 2019 I have 20 unread books (and a $50 gift card to my favorite local bookstore!). That translates to about 2 per month to finish them all in the next year + whatever I pick up in 2019.
- Buy< 5 books! Looking back at my Unread Shelf post, I realized that I don’t need to buy books to have something to read. I’m lucky that I have friends with similar reading taste who enjoy lending me books, plus a few publishers who send books my way, not to mention the local library! I’m going to try to buy less than 5 books this year.
- Visit both of my Grandmothers. I’ve been pretty delinquent since moving across the country, but I don’t want to take their good health for granted, so the top of my list of travel priorities is to go see them. Extra special: My granny will be 100 years old on September 7th of this year! ❤