It’s been a while! I haven’t posted on here in maybe six weeks? Life and work both got crazy at the same time, which didn’t leave much time to write. Since it’s the end of October, let’s speed through some catch up of bookish news!
- I read some books! Quick reviews:
The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne – 5 Stars
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng – 4.5 Stars
The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker – 4.5 Stars
Where the Water Goes by David Owen – 5 Stars
Unstoppable: My Life So Far by Maria Sharapova – 5 Stars
After the Eclipse by Sarah Perry – 3.5 Stars
- I started a book club in San Diego! We read the Animators and had a ton of fun discussing it, while drinking some wine 🙂 Our next book will be Into Thin Air.
- I (kind of) started a book club at work! We have a women’s group at work since I work in engineering, and we decided to read books about the work place and discuss it at our next meeting. This will just be a quarterly book club! Our first book will be The Confidence Code.
- I had a birthday! I’m officially 28! For my birthday I bought myself What Happened by Hillary Clinton, and received Unstoppable by Maria Sharapova (Already read it! 5 Stars!) and Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.
- I’ve been focusing more on #bookstagram interaction and have started messaging more with others on there. It’s been great to get to know more of the community!
I think that’s about it!
Looking forward, I have an ambitious TBR for November
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders (2017 Man Booker Prize Winner)
- Into Thin Air by John Krakauer
- What Happened by Hillary Clinton
- The Confidence Code
- and of course, my November BOTM book!
Happy Reading! And Happy November! I cannot believe 2017 is almost over!