I love following the “book scene” and hearing about new books – and as you can tell by my blog, I love books that I find worth talking about. Mentally provocative, if you will.
Today I was asked for Book Club suggestions by a friend. Here are my tips!
Disclaimer: I haven’t read any of these books, so I’m just going on what I’ve heard, but this is what I would suggest for my book club if we met today. (See you guys in two weeks!)
If your book club loves a thriller:
- Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
If your book club loves books about relationships:
- A Separation by Katie Kitamura
If you want to discuss current events without reading about current events:
- 1984 by George Orwell
- It Can’t Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis
- Plot Against America by Phillip Roth
- American Street by Ibi Zoboi (BRAND NEW 2/14/2017)
If you want to discuss social policy (I know this is up my book club’s alley):
- Dreamland by Sam Quinones
- Evicted by Matthew Desmond
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
I have about three of these ready to go as soon as I finish Moonglow! If you read any of them, let me know! And Happy Reading!